Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The emperor has no clothes, but his lawyers are getting richer.


The emperor has no clothes. He thinks he does, but no one around him will tell him the plain and obvious truth. A common tale, most everyone has heard the story, or more likely, has heard the comparison to someone in real life, as I am about to do here. Usually, it's some Chicago reporter calling out Mayor Daley and his go-at-it-alone take-chargedness. And I am not going to surprise you with someone you've never heard of. This person still believes that they are the shit, that what they have to say matters, that they are still relevant in some way. And why won't the people around them just say what everyone else knows? Because of money.

Greedy, money grubbing, soul-less, power hungry, headline craving, grandstanding lawyers to be precise. And the man I am talking about needs no introduction. He's innocent. He was only working hard for the people he represented. Everyone else is wrong, and he is right. Just PLAY ALL THE DAMN TAPES ALREADY!! Yup, we're talking about Rod Blagojevich again. The only reason, other than his massive ego, that this BS is still playing out is because of lawyers. If only some, er one, of them had the nerve to tell Bla-boo-boo-itch what he needs to hear, maybe this circus that is supposed to be an indictment would go away. Right? Ha! Not even close. Because if the world is full of one thing, it's yes men. Not just any yes men, but the kind who say yes to the emperor for the loftiest of aspirations. Money. And TV time. Which leads to, yep, more money. And if we know anything about lawyers, it's that there are more of them ready to swoop in should one vulture leave it's roost.

Maybe Boy-have-I-got-an-itch will someday scratch his itch and he will be satisfied, an itch that goes something like this: I'm Good Enough, I'm Smart Enough, and Doggone It, People Like Me! Now keep on keepin' on until you are president! Here's my vision: Trial becomes bigger than OJ. It's dragged out through appeal after appeal. Boo-boo goes to jail about the time his girls are in high school. Serving his time, he gets out and runs for office again. He is delusional enough to believe it, but better yet, the people around him will convince him that it could happen. Wouldn't it be refreshing instead to see Patti say, "These past 10 years have been nice without Rod around. We reconnected with my father (Ald. Dick Mell). We haven't been on a reality show since I dropped 128 pounds on Biggest Loser. I haven't seen my name in print since the trial. And my daughters have grown up without a camera shoved in their face. I only hope now that their father can somehow quietly integrate back into the private sector." But somehow, I believe it will sound more like this, "Yes we can!! Change we can believe in!! Don't stop thinking about tomorrow!!" Blagojevich/Blagojevich for president, '24. I know I am right.

1 comment:

  1. Always happy to, 1)help out a fellow blogger and 2)trash our former governor and his gang of lemmings. Now if only I could another 1200 people like you...

    ReplyDelete