Saturday, March 13, 2010

Holy crap, what the hell is that?

Everyone has there morning routines, right? Some jump out of bed, put on the running shoes, and hit the pavement. Some wake up their spouse and play hide the salami. Me, I'm less ambitious, but monotonous just the same. Feed the cats, start the coffee, grab the paper, and read it cover to cover. At some point between the sports and Zwecker, I move from the dining table to the throne room to do a little side business. Like I said, I am regular and robotic, in more ways than one. Anyone or anything that disturbs the morning routine is heavily frowned upon. Thus it was today as I was leaving the throne room.

Without getting extremely technical or disgusting, lets just say when it comes to colors, you really only do expect to see only two. I mean, it's either yellow or brown right? If there is on occasion red, then yea you would probably seek the opinion of your doctor. But as I gazed at the wonder I had created this morning, I was dumbfounded. You're not supposed to see green. Had I consumed too much seaweed last night? A few California rolls, but that was minimal. Sometimes too many carrots will give way to an orange tint, but this is weird. I did eat like crap, pardon the pun, yesterday. I am not proud of it, but 2 trips to McDonald's with a hot dog squeezed in between is not exactly living like Euell Gibbons. But what in the hell is that I am looking at? Should I call the emergency room?

It was the wife, finally, who figured it out. A slave to the trend, I cannot make it through the St. Patricks Day holiday without partaking in the most sacred of traditions, the Shamrock Shake. Green dye. Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment