Saturday, April 28, 2012

Say cheese!!

I have often wondered what my mug shot would look like. It all depends on the crime I guess. You can't help but to look into the eyes of people and wonder exactly what was going through their minds the instant that shutter clicked. A moment frozen in time that most everyone would like to forget, with the possible exception of Charles Manson. You would think, it might be a moment of personal reflection. A little sadness, a little remorse, a little self pity, a blank stare looking off into space, wondering where it all went wrong. You would think. But, alas, we know that isn't the case.
Some look just happy to be there.
Some are saying, "Fuck you I did it! What are you gonna do about it?"
Others lose all manner of self control and succumb to their situation.
Some are still drunk from the night before...
...while a few are still trying to use their "skills" to get out of a ticket.
Then there is the confused...
...the too cool for words...
...and the, "I am still running for re-election so let's make this a photo-op".
And some? Well some look like aliens from another planet.
I am sure though, that if I were to find myself in the uncompromising position of having to pose for a police mugshot, my expression would look something like this poor person, only without the long blond hair, the tank top, and the mascara running down my face. But until we find ourselves in that position, we can either wonder forever what we would look like in the pain of the moment, or pose in front of the mirror, practicing for that inevitable day. Wait, everyone else does that too, don't they?

No comments:

Post a Comment