Sunday, January 1, 2012

Reflections on a lost season.

New year, new ideals? Time for some retrospection. Give up drinking? Nah, too harsh. Give up swearing? Fuck that. Give up on the Bears? Never!! But I tell you what, let's start off the drive for next year with some observations. Things I can't stand about the Bears.

I can't stand it that every first play from scrimmage to open every game this year was a run up the middle for 2 yards. EVERY PLAY.

I can't stand it that when we taste success with a successful run play, we hand off again on the next play 100% of the time. Ever heard of play action?

I can't stand it that Lovie Smith is our coach. I could go into intricate details on the last game of the year alone, (like no replay challenge that could have resulted in nullifying a turnover, losing your star player on defense to an injury while he played in a meaningless game) but I digress.

I can't stand it that when we have a lead, we play not to lose. Instead of, I don't know, actually playing to win?

I can't stand it that there were no more Will Ferrel movie clips during the Matchups segment of the Bears pre-game show.

I can't stand the Soldier Field Turf. Yes, it WAS responsible for Cutler being lost for the season.

I can't stand Jerry Angelo. The man couldn't judge talent if he were a judge on American Idol.

I can't stand it that we were 7 and freakin' 3 and missed the playoffs. Tell me please, what other NFL franchise would stand for that? We missed the playoffs 4 of last 5 years. Will anyone pay the price for that? Don't coaches usually get fired for that kind of ineptitude?

I can't stand Caleb Hanie. 256. Thats the number of players drafted into the NFL every year. And Hanie wasn't one of them. Exactly what is it that Loveless and Ange-blow don't understand about the fact that an un-drafted free agent should never be one snap away from being your starting quarterback?

I can't stand it that once again as real NFL teams prepare to begin their playoff run, the Bears will be emptying their lockers. I mean, sure, I can root for my second favorite team. They are guaranteed to go all the way to the Super Bowl this year. No not the Packers. I haven't lost my mind just yet. My second favorite team is the one playing against Green Bay. At least I got that going for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment