Monday, June 21, 2010

Fathers day 2010, my laziest day ever.

That was one for the ages. It's our day, right guys? And we are entitled to spend it any way we like. Maybe you're into the whole "picnic on a Sunday afternoon thing", or a nice dinner with your loved ones. Maybe even a bike ride? All were considered, but in the end, here was my day:

12:56am--Woke up on couch and couldn't fall back to sleep. Watched TV.
2:30--Still can't fall asleep, trudge to bed and try anyway.
6:15--Hit snooze button on alarm clock.
6:22--Hit it again.
6:29--And again.
6:36--And again.
6:43--Dream I am Bill Murray in Groundhog day and imagine smashing alarm clock with my fist until the little speaker dances on the floor next to fragments of plastic and wires.
6:55--Try to order at BK only to find all the lights are on but no one is home.
6:57--Succeed in ordering from McDonald's. Sausage, egg, and cheese McGriddle. Mmmm for about the next 10 minutes, uggh for the next 3 hours.
7:11--Mad scramble to get golf shoes on, pay for round, select 6 "gently used" balls, and find playing partners for my 7:12 tee time.
7:13--Get a ride from Ranger to join group already on 1st hole. (My "buddies" teed off early when the group ahead was waiting for their fourth to show. What am I, chopped liver? Maybe I should have played with them.)
7:16--Tap in for par. I had to drop at the 150 and play from there. I am SO taking that 4.
9:33--Realization of a good round out the window with triple on the 10th hole.
9:59--Realization of a relaxing round of golf also out the window as I take my second triple.
11:42--Seek out lunch on the way home. Still can't believe that there were no hot dogs ready @ 9:31 as we made the turn.
11:49--Hit McDonald's again to satisfy the hamburger craving. Feel like that guy in Super Size Me.
12:06pm--Kiss wife, open cards, hug daughter, hit couch.
2:15--Get off couch after fruitless effort to get in a nap. Must've been in that "almost asleep" moment 4 or 5 times to no avail.
2:19--Turn on final round of US Open.
8:16--Watch Graeme McDowell roll in 2 footer to win. (Snuck in a trip to Best Buy so daughter could buy new Wii game)
8:17--Find movie on HBO that I've seen probably 6 or 7 times.
11:48--Wake up on couch and go to bed.

Productive? Not by a long shot. Selfish? Certainly. Memorable? I won't be writing about this day again. But relaxing? I didn't care that I shot a 90, missing the 80's by a stroke. I didn't have to do any chores around the house. I didn't have to listen to my kids arguing. And for one day, I didn't feel guilty about being a lazy bum. But today's a new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment